Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rudy's 40th birthday


High school classmate Rudy Depakakibo is turning 40 today, March 3! Johnbee Sioson, relatives, and some other friends of his organized a surprise party for Rudy at The Columns in Makati. I haven't seen Rudy since 1985.

Here we are. (L-R) Me, Gil Cacha, Rudy, and Johnbee. Gil is a finance executive, Rudy a banker, and Johnbee a lawyer (I'm a college prof). This is more or less how great we looked in high school. I think it's a question of keeping fit, and of having the right attitude (i.e., denial plus childlike excitement about everything).

I'm not slowing down in my badminton, biking and martial arts activities, for example, until injury or death force me to take a leave. Johnbee, in mind and fact, continues being a student, his wish ever since he was a young boy, and we've known each other since we were 10. Gil is into biking and pranic healing and so doesn't get sick; he wants to put up a religious congregation, or a political movement modeled after Hamas or Hezbolah. Rudy travels; he should've been in Paris at this time (he speaks fluent french), but Mom wanted him home. I mean, mon ami, c'est ton 40eme anniversaire!

1 comment:

MeMeMe said...

wow!!! ang swerte naman ni Rudy, hanep sa party huh

This is good Jay, seeing everybody in high school once again! Good for you! I only know Arthur.